What is the best way to get rid of dandolions

+5
  • 27524803 27524803 on Apr 28, 2018
    Check with a LOCAL nursery... they will have ideas on the right stuff to use in your area
  • Chrispyjane.designs Chrispyjane.designs on Apr 30, 2018
    boiling water
  • Diane ndfan Diane ndfan on Apr 30, 2018
    Will try this thank you
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 30, 2018
    I use a manual dandelion puller.... gets the root and all,,,,, https://www.amazon.com/Grampas-Weeder-Stand-Weed-Removal/dp/B001D1FFZA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1525133344&sr=8-5&keywords=dandelion+puller+tool they had these at True Value for $25
  • Katherine Katherine on Apr 30, 2018
    you may not appreciate this answer but it's just about foolproof when it comes to getting rid of weeds, especially dandelions. I call it my "butt therapy time" because I sit down on a garden knee pad (for comfort) and take a long knife (or if your hubby kept his military sabor-like knife) and use the knife to go deep to get the complete root of the dandelion! Neighbors used to laugh as they'd drive/walk by, but I haven't seen a dandelion in MY yard for years. I will say though, until most of your neighbors get rid of their dandelions, it's being on constant lookout to keep them from sprouting in your yard!
  • Tae Tae on Apr 30, 2018
    I spray vinegar
  • NotHermione NotHermione on Jan 17, 2019

You can buy an applicator specially meant for delivering hot water. It holds quite a bit of hot water and kills the root without the use of chemicals. Price? Can't tell you.

I sprayed every colony of dandelions i had with Round Up. The spray was too wide for the plant and i ended up with 'holes' in my lawn til the grass grew back. LOL. Check specific weed killers with local nursery.