Susie
Susie
  • Chico, CA
Asked on Apr 28, 2018

How to clean oven racks

V ValenciaBethDebbie / Dragonfly Treasure
+3

• Skippinsd

I take mine outside n spray heavy with lemon scented bath foam cleaner - cheap kind is fine; let sit n rinse off

• DesertRose

I take mine out on the back porch and spray them both sides with oven cleaner, then the next day put them in the shower and let the water rinse them off and finish scrubbing them clean. It comes right off. Hope this helps. Use gloves

• Place them in a garbage bag and spray with oven cleaner. Let sit over nite. Scrub and hose off the next day

• Beth

I use the 5 minute oven cleaner on both racks and in oven. Works great.

• V Valencia

I read this tip on Hometalk awhile back. I decided to try it and it worked very well. I placed towels on the bottom of my bathtub (so racks won't scratch tub). You can use another container as long as you are able to submerge racks entirely. Place racks in tub. Cover with hottest water possible. I used hot water from tap and a couple of boiling tea kettles of water. Add about 5-7 clothes dryer sheets. Let this mix sit over night. The next day use the wet sheets to wipe racks...any grease or grim will peel right off the racks. It really works well.