Asked on Apr 29, 2018

Sponge holder won’t stick to side of stainless steel sink.

Johnavallance82Jennifer LeeDena Williamson
+5

I bought a new sponge holder for my stainless steel kitchen sink. It has two suction cups to hold it against the inside wall of the sink. I can never get it to hold. It slides down the side of the sink. Looking for a way to hold it without damaging the sink.

• B. Enne
    B. Enne

Did you wet the suction cups first? Perhaps the sink has soap or cleaner residue. I would wash it again with dishwashing liquid and a brush or scrubby, then rinse really well with hot water.
    Sometimes the suctions cups are wavy and never stick.
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Try sticking it to tiles instead. or buy something different.
  • Nan W.
    Nan W.

Ya... that happens to me too. However, when I put the sponge holder in the dishwasher and get the suction cups really clean -- and then scrub the place on the sink too... they stick quite well.
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

Mine never sticks to the side of my stainless link either, no matter what I do to the sink or the suction cups. I starts sliding down after a day or two.
  • Dena Williamson
    Dena Williamson

I will give it a try. Thanks!
  • Jennifer Lee
    Jennifer Lee

use vaseline (petroleum jelly), and apply it when the stainless steel interior of the sink is very clean and very dry.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello, Place it in a part of the sink that is not constantly getting wet!