Screen Door Makeover Into Demand Station

$15

My husband and I were fortunate to take apart an old house that was to be demolished. So out came all the doors, windows, shutters and anything that literally wasn’t tied down the the ground. Bit by bit I am finding ways to repurpose these treasures into new useful items and give them a whole new life that will hopefully live on for the next generation!
screen door makeover into demand station
This frame was in the back door that had some screening in it, of course they was very little of the screening left, it pretty much removed itself. So I gathered up some materials which included, chicken wire, paint, a cork board and sand paper.
I sanded all the pieces and put painters tape around the cork frame. The long thin piece beside the frame are the pieces that covered the edges of the screening.
Painted all the pieces black!
Sanded them off a bit and put a spray coat of KRYLON low odour clear matte on all the pieces.
I cut a piece of the chicken wire out the length and width of the whole frame, (be careful! You may want to wear protective gloves). Start by putting staples in the middle sides then top and bottom so that you can stretch the wire as you go along.
When you’ve finished stapling the chicken wire, trim the excess wire off so you can use finishing nails to set the trim on to cover up the edges. I also added a hook to each side of the back to hang the piece on the wall.
Lay the cork board good side down and lay the screen good side down and place to what ever suits you! Make sure you measure it on either side so that its evenly spaced and centred. I used lots of staples to adhere the cork board to the screen!
This is our new command station! I love it😊