How do I fix my lampshade. Hot glue and electrical tape didn't work.:

+6
q how do i fix my lampshade hot glue and electrical tape didn t work
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Apr 29, 2018
    From what I can see you have two choices.
    One is to find an ugly lampshade slightly larger than yours at a yard sale and slip it into your shade.
    The second is to take fine but strong wire and wrap it around your supports. It should be small enough that you can make a small unnoticeable hole in the shade itself to be secure. I’m talking about winding the wire around and around the interior frame, and in the center where you’ve wrapped, and then up the second frame-piece and through (sadly) the shade itself , with a single wrap to the inside of the shade.
    Worth a shot for $3 worth of wire.
  • Ann Ann on Apr 29, 2018
    A pic or more info would help us understand better.
  • Ken Ken on Apr 29, 2018
    Here is an ad for a lamp spider. They come in different sizes so you find one that fits your lamp:
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Apr 30, 2018
    Buy a new shade, this will look nicer, and you can get one for about $15.
  • Dokey Dokey on May 04, 2018
    I'd go with Men's idea. Less work and would look better.
  • Emily Emily on May 04, 2018
    whenever I read a post like this I so wish other areas had a resource like we do in our town. It is a "swap shop" and people leave and take things. They always have lots of lamps and lampshades too.
  • Ken Ken on May 05, 2018
    And I'll bet you wish you were back here. I'm a relatively recent transplant and it's not a bad place except for property taxes. Still, it's a bargain compared to NJ.