Faux Boxwood Topiary DIY, Ballard Designs Inspired Boxwood Topiaries

46K Views
This diy boxwood topiary is so simple and fun to put together.
Time: 15 MinutesCost: $5Difficulty: Easy
  • faux boxwood topiary diy ballard designs inspired boxwood topiaries
I started with a few four inch terracotta pots that I spray painted with multi-colored texture  spray paint  in carribean sand. After the first coat, I had an idea! I hot glued mini pom pom trim around the rim of the pots.
Next, spraypaint right over the trim and about an inch inside the rim to give the pots a more ornate look of a scalloped rim.  The trim edge became very hard and durable once the paint dried.
Cut floral foam into a rectangular shape to fit inside the pot, leaving room to cover moss over top.
I used sticks and twigs from my yard for the stems.  You might take a walk in the park or your own backyard to find the perfect stems for your topiaries! Hot glue the topiary stem into the center of the foam rectangle. Then, secure the sticks and twig to the faux boxwood topiary balls with hot glue. The last step is to glue some floral moss in the pot to cover the foam. I made one without a stem as well and just placed the ball straight into the pot!
The idea of gluing the pompom trim on the rim nicely embellished the low cost terracotta pots, and I was pleasantly surprised how hard it dried!
It’s so easy to customize each faux boxwood topiary to fit the space you are decorating. I love everything about these and I know I will be making more soon! For more details on this project and the materials used, check out the original post at http://joyfullytreasured.com/faux-boxwood-topiary-diy.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 16, 2018 11:35 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Joy Elizabeth

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

• Jessie
    Jessie

Love it, that one step of spray painting the pom poms took it from crafty to fabulous because it doesn't look like pom pom trim! I can't wait to make two of these for my fireplace!!!

• Joy Elizabeth
        Joy Elizabeth Doylestown, PA

Thanks Jessie! I love the pom pom trim too on the pots. It dries hard as a rock and makes the pots look like a higher quality store bought!

• Gwillmer51
        Gwillmer51

Who would’ve thought you could use tram like that on a flowerpot . I love it