Where to Stick Your Succulents

$30

It's no secret that I love succulents--and any plant that is easy to grow. Although, over the winter, I lost a lot of succulents even though I brought them indoors, I am still a fan, and I've learned to stick to the old reliable "Hardy Hens and Chicks." Here are a few examples.
where to stick your succulents, flowers, gardening, succulents
I put the Hens 'n Chicks in this cool wagon I found under our deck (don't ask) and threw in some glass "blobs." At auction I got the two hens in dollar box lots, and didn't have any plans for them until I thought--Hens 'n Chicks, how appropriate!
I love these Dora Explorer "backpacks"; I found them at the Within Reach thrift shop in Waynesville, NC, for $.75 each. They seemed perfect for planters. A few days later I found another "Dora" for a buck at Goodwill and she will soon be joining these two. They add levity to the garden, and that's what all gardens need.
I got these porch lamps for $4 a piece at the Habitat for Humanity Restore in Asheville, NC. I bought four and put them on each leg of my deck bench. I think they are, so far, my favorite planters.
Planting succulents in a toaster is certainly not an original idea, but one that I wanted to try. When I found this toaster at a local Goodwill, I found my chance. I am looking forward to seeing them fill up the slots.

KathrynElizabeth Etier

• Hilliriah Jacobs

wow loving the lamp and the toaster very nice and creative

• Bse340232

I too love succulents!! We live in the hot in summer, then freezing at night in the winters. Lately the weather is definitely becoming more extreme. Every winter I lose some favorites! I cover them now in winter at night. But still lose some anyways..... Many are in huge pots or in the ground, so I can't bring them in. Any suggestions out there??? Thank you all!!