Patio Furniture Makeover

$60

Spring has been a long time coming this year. Yesterday was -10 degrees Celsius, today it is +17 degrees! That's mother nature for ya. But enough already!. I love my patio furniture set and I have had it for many years. It is still in great condition but really doesn't suit my personality. I seen these patio cushions last year and fell in love with all the bright colors but it wasn't in my budget. This year browsing my Canadian Tire store there were the cushions that I fell in love with last year and they were on clearance. Definitely fate! I took this as a sign I was meant to have them. So began my makeover.
patio furniture makeover
As you can see the cushions have a variety of colors in them and I love all of them but I wanted a color that would match both sides of the cushions as they are reversible. I opted for the deep turquoise.
patio furniture makeover
Now that I knew what I wanted to do it was time to prep my patio furniture. Here is what it looked like before. A dark brown resin wicker and the cushions that came with it. They served the purpose but as I said just not my personality. I feel summer should be a celebration of color and happiness and all this was doing was putting me to sleep.
patio furniture makeover
Take a damp cloth and wipe off the furniture to ensure there is no dust or debris on it and let dry. Once dry it will be time to paint. I put a large drop cloth on my lawn to ensure the paint would not get on the grass and no grass would stick to the furniture.Put on a pair of disposable gloves. Shake your paint cans well and begin spraying your furniture in light even strokes slightly over lapping. Once dry flip your furniture over to do the bottom. The spray paint I used is a paint and primer in one by Rustoleum. Wait one hour to apply the second coat.
patio furniture makeover
Here is the furniture after it was painted. Love the color!
patio furniture makeover
Here it is with my new cushion.
patio furniture makeover
This is the other side of the cushion. I love having the two different sides so that I can change it up when I want a change.
patio furniture makeover
The completed set. This was an easy transformation. Stay tuned as I transform my deck in the coming weeks as I will be incorporating all the colors into my decor!

• Gourmetartwork

May I ask how many cans of paint you used?

• Marcia Strode

Where did you find your cushions? My house is almost the same turquoise as you painted the chairs and I've been desperately trying to find a peach floral print and those would be so perfect! (When I'm finished the accents on the 100 year old house will be peach, hunter green with a small bit of rust along with white.) Thanks

• Melanie

HI Marcia, don't know where you live but I purchased my cushions at Canadian Tire in Ontario Canada. I am sure they sell online. I have seen something similar at Lowe's also.

• Do you think this would work on a faded fabric outdoor set??