Patio Furniture Makeover

$60

Spring has been a long time coming this year. Yesterday was -10 degrees Celsius, today it is +17 degrees! That's mother nature for ya. But enough already!. I love my patio furniture set and I have had it for many years. It is still in great condition but really doesn't suit my personality. I seen these patio cushions last year and fell in love with all the bright colors but it wasn't in my budget. This year browsing my Canadian Tire store there were the cushions that I fell in love with last year and they were on clearance. Definitely fate! I took this as a sign I was meant to have them. So began my makeover.
As you can see the cushions have a variety of colors in them and I love all of them but I wanted a color that would match both sides of the cushions as they are reversible. I opted for the deep turquoise.
Now that I knew what I wanted to do it was time to prep my patio furniture. Here is what it looked like before. A dark brown resin wicker and the cushions that came with it. They served the purpose but as I said just not my personality. I feel summer should be a celebration of color and happiness and all this was doing was putting me to sleep.
Take a damp cloth and wipe off the furniture to ensure there is no dust or debris on it and let dry. Once dry it will be time to paint. I put a large drop cloth on my lawn to ensure the paint would not get on the grass and no grass would stick to the furniture.Put on a pair of disposable gloves. Shake your paint cans well and begin spraying your furniture in light even strokes slightly over lapping. Once dry flip your furniture over to do the bottom. The spray paint I used is a paint and primer in one by Rustoleum. Wait one hour to apply the second coat.
Here is the furniture after it was painted. Love the color!
Here it is with my new cushion.
This is the other side of the cushion. I love having the two different sides so that I can change it up when I want a change.
The completed set. This was an easy transformation. Stay tuned as I transform my deck in the coming weeks as I will be incorporating all the colors into my decor!

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning

• Gourmetartwork

May I ask how many cans of paint you used?

• Marcia Strode

Where did you find your cushions? My house is almost the same turquoise as you painted the chairs and I've been desperately trying to find a peach floral print and those would be so perfect! (When I'm finished the accents on the 100 year old house will be peach, hunter green with a small bit of rust along with white.) Thanks

• Melanie

HI Marcia, don't know where you live but I purchased my cushions at Canadian Tire in Ontario Canada. I am sure they sell online. I have seen something similar at Lowe's also.

• Do you think this would work on a faded fabric outdoor set??

• Joanie

I have this same wicker set I bought at Walmart, Better Homes and Gardens. It didn't hold up well in the weather. It wasn't in a roofing area. I still have it....it just needs some DIY. I love the shade you chose.....IT looks BEAUTIFUL!!

• Crystal

What a happy color you chose for your furniture! Who wouldn’t be happy coming to your house! Enjoy your hard work and take a day to relax! Keep up that creativity! 😊🙏