Reimagined Vintage Dresser

This vintage dresser was a Craigslist find! It was pretty worn out, and needed several structural repairs, but I had to have it! The lady that I bought it from said it belonged to her grandparents, who received it in the 1940s as a wedding gift (I can't believe she parted with it, but it was my lucky day!!)
First up was to repair the front right foot. It was broken and being held together by electrical tape when I got it! I used "Titebond hide glue" to first glue the pieces back on, fortunately they fit right back together and weren't missing any chunks. After gluing and clamping it tightly overnight, I used a tight fitting wooden dowel to put in the center to the foot where there used to be a caster wheel and filled it with wood epoxy.
After the repair work was finished, I carefully sanded down the wood veneer on top and refinished it with an antique walnut color stain.
After that, I painted, glazed, and put everything back together!
Here she is with her new look!
Although I'm finding it difficult to part with this beauty, she's on sale now in my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/188982309/graphite-and-champagne-gold-ornate?ref=shop_home_feat_4
Alchemy Home

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 80 comments
Next