Vintage Kids Desk Makeover

$30

My in-laws brought me the cutest little desk, but it was in serious need of a makeover. The paint was old and chippy and it was an ugly brown. It was the perfect size for my two year old so I grabbed some paint and got to it!
vintage kids desk makeover
I used Country Chic paint in Simplicity (affiliate) and Liquorice (affiliate). I started by cleaning by piece then giving the top two quick coats of liquorice. This paint dries super fast and I was able to re-coat within a half hour.
vintage kids desk makeover
I then used the white Simplicity paint on the base and legs and then gave it a light coat of antiquing wax to add to the vintage look and bring out the detail on the face of the desk. I also used Country Chic's sealant and applied two coats with a foam brush to protect this little desk from my toddler's abuse.
vintage kids desk makeover
I chose to leave the chair original and chippy. Ryan loves to sit and read or color at her new (old) desk!
vintage kids desk makeover
vintage kids desk makeover
Isn't it the cutest little desk ever?!

• Simplicity Paint
  • Liquorice Paint
  • Sealant
Hayden Scharrer