Liquid Rainbow Resin Coaster DIY

$15

I've been trying to trap liquid in resin and I finally did it successfully!

Learn how to make a liquid resin coaster! See above for the quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I did it!

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

You need to find clear straws and cut them to size, to fit into the coaster mold.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Using a lighter and pliers, you need to melt one end.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Then using an eyedropper, partially fill up the straw with water that is colored with food color.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Seal the other end the same way - with the lighter and the pliers. Then repeat with the other straws and colors.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Pour one ounce of resin into the mold. Pop bubbles with a lighter.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Then start to add your filled straws.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Let that cure a minimum of 12 hours. By allowing it to cure, it will keep the straws in place, so they won't float when you add the next layer of resin.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Then add one to two ounces of resin.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Pop the bubbles and allow it to cure at least 12 hours.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Then you can remove it from the mold and the liquid moves around in the straws!

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy

Here is a another fun coaster you might enjoy!

Remember, you can find full written directions at the link below, with links to materials.

liquid rainbow resin coaster diy
Mona  ~ Craft Klatch

• GmaB

Love this craft! Looks easy enough for even me to do this! Where do you purchase the forms to make the resin coasters?

• Charlotte Lovell

Im asking the same question as GmaB. What do I use for a mold? Or what can I use for a mold? Does it have to be a silicone mold?

• Sheila McKean Bagg

It looks to me like the molds are just silicone baking "pans" like for cupcakes, etc. You can find them in a variety of shapes on Amazon, Walmart, etc. I have heart-shaped ones for Valentine's Day.

• Haymur

first, there is no link in description to see technique used for liquid phone case, second, did you use anything besides water to mix w food coloring, because when I do this, and seal both ends, the colored water does not move around in the straws....so what gives, what am i doing wrong.

• Sheila McKean Bagg

Looks like I might have the perfect CHRISTmas gifts for co-workers this year! Thank you for the ideas!

• Rebecca Abuzeyad

Thank you for the video, because otherwise I don't think I will be able to do it. I am so excited to try this. This looks like a really fun Diy project.