Easy Magical Mushrooms for Gardens & Yards

$4

This is an easy and inexpensive way to give your yard or Fairy Garden a bit of whimsy!

We have a woodlot beside our home (open to the public) that has become the ever expanding Fairy Forest and each section has it's own magical theme. This one is MUSHROOMS!

easy magical mushrooms for gardens yards
I got 4 red and white plastic plant pots for the amazing price of 30 cents each at a yard sale. I also got 4 wooden salad bowls for 50 cents each at a resale shop- WOW!

The plastic buckets were already red /white so I only had to spray paint the wooden bowls red / white.
I have a Cricut machine so I made white and red circles stickers out of vinyl.

You could also paint circles on which I've done before. This time I just wanted to try a new way so used vinyl stickers.

White circles on red pots and red circles on white pots.

NOTE: It's been 2 months since this project was complete and the stickers have held up to the weather just fine.
I had my husband cut some thick branches longer then the size I wanted to stick out of the ground.

NOTE: You could get a small bundle of firewood which is often sold roadside near campgrounds if you don't have a way to cut some branches.

Then he dug holes for me to put the branches into the ground and I pressed the dirt down firmly around the branches. They seem quite stable!

Finally the mushroom caps are set on top of the branch. A nail or screw will hold it into place if they seem like they need it but they seem fine balancing on top.
I think these mushrooms lining this section of our Fairy Forest really add to the WHIMSICAL look!
I have a wrought iron MUSHROOM TABLE I made for this section. Be sure to check it out as well. http://www.hometalk.com/37785631/wrought-iron-mushroom-table?r=2</div" target="_blank">http://www.hometalk.com/37785631/wrought-iron...>
Most Hometalkers are DIY'ers and have paints, paints, brushes, etc so the project doesn't need to cost you anything but I did list below the things you'd need if you're just starting out.

It only cost me to purchase the bowls and buckets since I had the spray paint, stickers, and wood.

• Morgan

It is cute, but I sure hope as the sun breaks down the plastics, that they will be removed and recycled before the plastics break down and get into the ground.

• Kelly-n-Tony

NO worries of that as these are not exposed to sunlight in the wooded area. They will probably be removed for the winter season as well.

• Vicki

Very sweet and charming...I love playful design.