Easy Magical Mushrooms for Gardens & Yards

$4

This is an easy and inexpensive way to give your yard or Fairy Garden a bit of whimsy!

We have a woodlot beside our home (open to the public) that has become the ever expanding Fairy Forest and each section has it's own magical theme. This one is MUSHROOMS!

I got 4 red and white plastic plant pots for the amazing price of 30 cents each at a yard sale. I also got 4 wooden salad bowls for 50 cents each at a resale shop- WOW!

The plastic buckets were already red /white so I only had to spray paint the wooden bowls red / white.
I have a Cricut machine so I made white and red circles stickers out of vinyl.

You could also paint circles on which I've done before. This time I just wanted to try a new way so used vinyl stickers.

White circles on red pots and red circles on white pots.

NOTE: It's been 2 months since this project was complete and the stickers have held up to the weather just fine.
I had my husband cut some thick branches longer then the size I wanted to stick out of the ground.

NOTE: You could get a small bundle of firewood which is often sold roadside near campgrounds if you don't have a way to cut some branches.

Then he dug holes for me to put the branches into the ground and I pressed the dirt down firmly around the branches. They seem quite stable!

Finally the mushroom caps are set on top of the branch. A nail or screw will hold it into place if they seem like they need it but they seem fine balancing on top.
I think these mushrooms lining this section of our Fairy Forest really add to the WHIMSICAL look!
I have a wrought iron MUSHROOM TABLE I made for this section. Be sure to check it out as well. http://www.hometalk.com/37785631/wrought-iron-mushroom-table?r=2</div" target="_blank">http://www.hometalk.com/37785631/wrought-iron...>
Most Hometalkers are DIY'ers and have paints, paints, brushes, etc so the project doesn't need to cost you anything but I did list below the things you'd need if you're just starting out.

It only cost me to purchase the bowls and buckets since I had the spray paint, stickers, and wood.

• Morgan

It is cute, but I sure hope as the sun breaks down the plastics, that they will be removed and recycled before the plastics break down and get into the ground.

• Kelly-n-Tony

NO worries of that as these are not exposed to sunlight in the wooded area. They will probably be removed for the winter season as well.

• Vicki

Very sweet and charming...I love playful design.