Paint strippper advice?

+6
I painted my bathroom vanity and closet recently and dripped some of the paint stripper on the vanity which I hadn't noticed. Now it has hardened on the vanity top and I can't get it off. How do I remove this? The vanity top is an acrylic top.

• Janice Janice on May 01, 2018
    Apply paint stripper over the dried paint stripper. It should soften the original enough for you to remove it all. Then redo the area as you wish. It does not necessarily have to be the same brand of stripper.
  • Ken Ken on May 01, 2018
    Liquid paint stripper solvents will eat right into the gel coat they use on acrylics. Sorry, but you will need to live with it, paint it (which has a very limited life), or replace it. Cultured marble vanity tops can be had inexpensively, or you can upgrade to something fancier. Disaster=opportunity
  • Linda Linda on May 01, 2018
    I wouldnt use a caustic paint stripper on an acrylic surface it will eat through the finish. A link attached with removal info. Hope this helps
  • William William on May 01, 2018
    DON"T USE PAINT STRIPPER! It will destroy the acrylic top. Use Goof Off. Saturate paper towels with it and place over the paint to soften the paint. Wipe off when the paint has softened.
  • Ginny Ginny on May 01, 2018
    I would call the co. that manufactured the stripper and ask their advice.
  • William William on May 01, 2018
    Still try Goof Off. You can use a razor scraper and try scraping it off.
  • Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Jan 04, 2021

scrapers, sandpaper, putty knife, more stripper to soften the dry stripper