Pressed Flower Art Suncatcher

$2

Here's a 3 minute flower drying trick YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT!
So, I’ve noticed a new trend surfacing or, on second thought I think it’s probably an old trend resurfacing! 😁 Pressed flowers!! They’re everywhere!! On sheer blouses, embroidered onto jeans, phone cases, tulle skirts, nylons, embroidery hoops , and the list goes on.  I’m sure the ones on clothing aren’t real pressed flowers but they sure mimic the real ones. We won’t be making clothing for this gift idea but, as you can see I am pretty inspired by it.
When I was trying to think of what to make my mom for mother’s day I wanted to incorporate flowers.  Don’t get me wrong fresh flowers are always the best but, I hate that they eventually wilt and get thrown into the bin. Call me human but, I can’t remember half the time my hubby gave me flowers. I’m sure they were all very special moments but, my gosh darn memory sucks..
I dried my flower in a book first for 3 weeks and they lost so much color and weren't exactly paper thin. So I came up with a way to dry them super quick with some bricks and cotton fabric. I stuck them in the microwave and the results were amazing.
Following that I used dollar store frames and glass to squish the flowers in between and made pretty flower art. You can display them on the wall or your windows to make pretty sun catchers.
COME SEE HOW LONG I MICROWAVED EACH FLOWER FOR! White flowers are pretty picky, see how I kept them from turning brown- visit this link : www.lilyardor.com/how-to-press-flowers-quick/

Lily Oleynik