Ideas to define property line where ours blurs into neighbors'.

+6
We have a slim wedge of land along our cement driveway, that literally blends into the next door neighbor's front yard. They have untended plants, bark. Our strip is also barked but neater, weed free. We'd like to define the property line, so that it doesn't appear as one shared area, or seem that our property ends at our driveway edge. There is also a problem with many utility lines passing under the area--gas, water, electiricity, even cable TV line, so digging is virtually impossible for a fence footing, and anyway, the city won't allow a fence higher than three feet. Low rock wall? Other fairly simple and not too expensive Ideas??

• Emily Emily on May 03, 2018
    can you plant some beautiful tall grasses there? I have seen this done very attractively in my neighborhood.
  • Mary Mary on May 03, 2018
    a Short f nice. I’ve seen this done with upright pieces of wood differing heights, or ties together. Just pounded into the ground.
  • Mary Mary on May 03, 2018
    I meant to say a short fence about 18” high made from boards pounded into the ground. Boards about 24” by 4-5” wide. Leftovers.
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on May 03, 2018
    Maybe Pampas grass.
  • Ro Ro on May 03, 2018
    they sell decorative metal low fence like scroll thinks that just stick in the ground
  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on May 03, 2018
    You could put in garden blocks, but that can get a little pricey since you'd have to go around the whole area and two blocks high usually looks best. I put in a small fence in front of our one house to keep animals and children out of the garden when walking by our house. It worked well and it would define your part of the area nicely.
  • JeannieTaberGreen JeannieTaberGreen on May 03, 2018
    Thanks everyone---those are all good and possible solutions. Appreciate the input!
    Great idea, and I appreciate seeing the photos! Thanks.
  • Ann48742136 Ann48742136 on Jan 13, 2021

Garden blocks would be nice, but in your situation it is better to put a fence, but you will have to contact the real estate service.