Xena Nierobisz
Xena Nierobisz
  • Raleigh, NC

Making a Fairy Garden From Objects Mostly Found at the Thrift Store:)

Sometimes I am really "afraid" to look at Hometalk posts because I get inspired by some many ideas and I just have to create something right away.:) So when I see a cool project I think "not again, now I have to run to the thrift store or look thru my craft things."hahahaha. Of course this is why I love this site!!!
Last year I purchased this whiskey ( I think) barrel from tractor supply. It was on sale yay! I planted beautiful flowers in their but this year I really had nothing in it.I saw so many cool posts about fairy gardens and I really wanted to make my own.I looked online to see how much fairy garden furniture were and I knew I couldn't afford them. So I went to my favorite thrift store that is only 3 min drive from my house and found all bunch of cool things. I realized that there were lots of sealed bags with many little items in it and most of them looked like they would work perfectly for the little garden. I also went to the dollar tree store to look for some things. So this is what I created :)
making a fairy garden from objects mostly found at the thrift store, container gardening, crafts, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling
the house was actually a candle holder. I glued moss on it ( also found at the thrift store)
I glued 2 tiny terracotta pots and blue glass pieces so it will look like the water is coming out. Glass container and blue glass pieces are from dollar tree.
the fence was my from popsicle sticks spray painted brown and connected with a wire. The "tunnel"- half buried terracotta pot. Some items I already had at the house that I was collecting for a doll house
tiny bird house from thrift store
welcome sign from dollar tree. Also the black rocks are from dollar tree. The ceramic leaves are from thrift store. And of course the fairy is from the thrift store:)
Fake tree found at the thrift store

• Tammy Butcher

I am making one with my granddaughter...time well spent together..

• Judi

I’ve been collecting things and making things for my fairy garden ( been wanting to make one for years, but I guess I’m a little intimidated! Here is my things I’ve collected,

i made the Aderondeck chair from pop cycle sticks, and I made the fire pit as well