I have cheesy wood paneling in my trailer home.

+5
I need some ideas of what I can do to break up the monotony of all this wood paneling besides just removing it and putting sheetrock in.

• You can paint it.
  • BREEZY BREEZY on May 03, 2018
    Hi Kathy. I sanded the paneling, vacuumed the residue, filled in the crevices with spackle; then spread on stucco (not too heavy) in a creative design; then painted. Be sure surfaces are thoroughly dry between stages. This looked great, but don't know the final outcome of it's durability after I left.
  • Polly Fuller Polly Fuller on May 03, 2018
    you can spackle the indents. apply premixed vinyl prep to the whole wall. wallpaper with textured paper.does a great job.
  • Bernice H Bernice H on May 03, 2018
    I painted every square inch of our mobile home paneling. Wash well with ...tsp?...use a good primer..then paint. I never minded the paneling grooves,to me they looked just fine. Primer is a must or paint will scratch off. I lived there 18 years. 😻
  • DesertRose DesertRose on May 03, 2018
    You can paint it! Fill all the cracks with calking and let dry. Paint with aroma free Kilz paint primer. Then paint however you like! You could even add a chairboard or corner rounds in rectangles on bottom for design and paint all same color on bottom and different on top. Best to you in your efforts!

• BREEZY BREEZY on May 04, 2018
    No photos, darn it, because it did look pretty good.