Anna Ibarra
Anna Ibarra
  • San Antonio, TX

Succulents for Mother's Day

I saw about doing these terrines with succulents for gifts. So I decided these would be my gifts for Mother's Day.
succulents for mother s day, flowers, gardening, seasonal holiday d cor, succulents
I went to Lowes to get some supplies for the project, then I was just about to head to a nursery for the succulents, when I spotted a cart full of clearance priced succulents. All mini for $1. (4 mini potted) and so I got a loot and decided I can save on this part that would have costed me so much. After all it is the thought that counts.
I headed to GoodWill to find several vessels.
I decided to glue these together so it can have some presence after I'm done.
I"ve had this vase that has that brass base and have use it for many things.
This a cute dessert dish. I added more rock to look prettier.
Here's is the one that I glued the base to the bowl vase.
A 3 tier candy dish, not sure how long it will hold but it is just for presence.
All together.
These were also at a $1. each. The terra cotta pot alone would have cost more at some places.
This is such a cute glass like terra cotta pot, and I added a stand to it.
It looks like i'm serving succulents for lunch. :-)

• Imelda

How often you water them?

• Anna Ibarra

They really don't require a lot of watering. You can mist them once in a while, or water them some, not a lot a couple times a month or less. They do need sunlight, but indirect sun. Mine in my back patio do so well on their own. I rarely even do anything at all. The indoor ones are the ones that require more care.

• Anna Ibarra

Awh! Then maybe whenever pops up for u to see is her way of telling you she's ok.

• Margaret Mason

My grand daughter just made 3 of these in small flower pots for her teachers for end of the year..got some hens and chicks out of my garden along with some pretty stone and made really nice gifts to give.

• Anna Ibarra

Great gifts allright, all my family and others that I gave really loved them. Including my neice who kills all plants-just fell in love with it-she out it on her desk at work work place.