Planting flowers in decks

+6
What are some fun creative deck planter ideas?
q planting flowers in decks
  • Hanging baskets would be beautiful and let you keep your floor space plus it would put your plants at more of an eye level and help block out some rays from the sun!
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on May 04, 2018
    Window boxes would be great on the rails, and would be easy to care for at that height. Larger pots with a number of different plants arranged in it would be nice, as would perhaps some larger plants like palms if you have a place indoors for them for over wintering. If you do have a place for overwintering you could go with a few tropical that look great to place in empty corners. Just make sure that you get them for the lighting they would get on your deck.
  • Patrice Patrice on May 05, 2018
    They make planter boxes which fit over deck rails. They have a cut-out section in the bottom center to accommodate the deck rail. They would be perfect!
    • Ellis Ellis on May 09, 2018
      Yes, and they come in a variety of colors: green, white, terracotta, olive. And they look fantastic with a mixture of upright and trailing plants.
  • Eloise Eloise on May 05, 2018
  • Lucy Marie Bernier Lucy Marie Bernier on May 05, 2018
    I called them saddle bag planters. 2 planters together that straddles the railing. I had them on my porch a long time ago. I think I got them @ Loews or Home Depot’s. Or try to recreate your own ?
  • Wyldecent Wyldecent on May 05, 2018
    If you use pots, etc. be sure to put them on some sort of plant stand or rolling base, otherwise wood underneath will stay wet and rot.
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on May 05, 2018
    Tall slim decorative pots will be the way to go.