Front door planters

M.H.Jennifer27524803
+6

Any ideas for simple diy front door planters?

• GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

Here are some fun ones I pulled up on Google image search!
  • Janice
    Janice

Large plastic trash baskets can work well. Just poke/drill a few holes in the bottom and then add some styrofoam scraps and then your plant with a good amount of soil. You can decorate the plastic with paint, etc. to make it look distressed or however you want. If you have carpentry skills, you can build a square box.
    • Ruth
      Ruth

Thank you! I love the idea of using two pots...one turned up side down.
  • 27524803
    27524803

Materials for a planter depend on budget and where you live... here in Arizona plastic is not practical for longevity.. ceramic is really expensive for anything very large and once broken the investment is literally trash... wood is a good option.. with maintenance... here is a good, inexpensive option... I would put them on plant dollys to be able to move them around easily
    Also... vegetables or dwarf citrus can be beautiful and practical... something to consider
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer

I like the idea of stacked pots. you can insert a pole through the holes to keep them from falling over. Paint large terra cotta pots with texture paint. Try to get some pallets and get creative with those
  • M.H.
    M.H.

The coffee or creamer cannisters would be good. Use Valspar spray paint and they’ll look great! 👍