DIY Driftwood Mirror Frame Without Nails or Screws

I really wanted to build a mirror frame for our master bathroom that had the look and feel of driftwood (so hot right now). I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this project was. I was especially happy about the fact it didn't require any nails or screws, just mounting tape.
I started with these pine boards that I treated with a concoction of vinegar and steel wool followed by a few coats of liming wax. See the post for a link to that process.
I replaced the outdated two smaller mirrors in the bathroom with one large one that was collecting dust in the basement. I attached the mirror to the wall with nothing but mirror adhesive.
I taped the top corners of the mirror to keep it from falling while the adhesive set overnight.
I used my miter saw to cut four pieces for the mirror frame. I stuck the pieces directly to the mirror using outdoor mounting tape.
I added a piece of decorative molding to the top of the frame. The corners of that piece were adhered using wood glue.
Here's the finished product!

Living Rich on Less - Susan

• Sgr33808951

what size is the wood. I mean what is the width and thickness of the wood? I would love to try it.

• Shelly

How would you have done this if 1/3 of the mirror at the bottom is butted up against the tile in a 50's style bathroom?

• Sloane

Did you affix the side molding wood directly on the mirror, or onthewall around the mirror? Thanks!

• Faith W Little

Really headed toward the Louvre I'd say. I 'like' it. If it were mine though,
    I'd paint the vanity a banker's gray, then do "Paris" stenciling atop the
    paint here and there, or try a Japanese great but sparse cherry
    blossom design.
  • Becky

I am in the middle of updating my mother in laws outdated bathroom. I've painted bought replacement light fixtures & sink fixture. The bathroom has a huge mirror, with plastic clips to hold it in place, I already had the idea to frame it out, but you went a step further with the molding. It looks amazing & now I'm happy that I have procrastinated, so I can add the details I see on your project. Amazing job 👍