Mid Century Modern End Table

22K Views
I bought this end table at a flea market for $10, it needed some love!
Time: 4 HoursCost: $20Difficulty: Easy
  • mid century modern end table
The top was made of cork board was painted black with scratches. The wood on the table was dry, but basically in good condition and solidly built.
  • mid century modern end table
I decided to cut thin pieces of 1/4" plywood to lay on top of the table.
  • mid century modern end table
I cut the wood strips to fit the table - starting to look better already! Now to paint the table base!
  • mid century modern end table
Used the nail gun with smaller nails to attach the wood to the table. Did a light sanding of the top of the table and then painted the table base white.
  • mid century modern end table
I used Velvet Finishes brand paint in the color of Minimalistic for the base of the table. I like this paint because of the smooth finish.
  • mid century modern end table
I stained the top of the table with a stain and wood condition then and sealed with MinWax water-based polycrylic.
  • mid century modern end table
The stain/wood conditioner I used was my favorite, Restor-A-Finish in Dark Walnut color. This stuff is great for old, dry wood - really brings it back to life!
  • mid century modern end table
Such a simple update that made a huge impact on this $10 vintage table!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 21, 2018 10:25 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Ask a Question