How to get rid/keep roaches away

+10
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on May 04, 2018
    You might have an infestation and should probably call an exterminator.
    • Veronica Veronica on May 04, 2018
      She was hoping not to have to go that route... someone came and stayed a couple months with her and brought these little friends with them and didn't even have audacity to tell her...it wasn't until a month or so AFTER they've gone that she started seeing weird bugs and didn't know until she showed me one she had killed unfortunately I've had my own experience with these little nasties when I was a kid...thank you very much for your feedback back.
    • Veronica Veronica on May 09, 2018
      Thank you so much for this information, will be passing to my cousin and doing what is suggested... thank you!!
  • Polly Fuller Polly Fuller on May 04, 2018
    it's a never ending story in an apartment or multi family dwelling especially here in the south. got to spray or spread roach powder or get traps.
  • DesertRose DesertRose on May 04, 2018
    A non toxic way is to use Simple Green to clean. Spray it often under your sinks or where you see them congregating and hiding. Keep ALL food put up in plastic air tight lids or the refrigerator, all dishes done. Do not bring them in the house from the store in paper bags. Empty any cardboard or paper containers outside and bring them in your own cloth or plastic containers. They love glue on carpets so replace carpets and put in wooden floors if you can. Put Borax in areas you cannot reach like behind laundry machines, the toilet, and put out poison bait for them With due diligence you can get rid of them but if they were infested in the building before you moved in, it is a long hard up hill battle. Simple green is toxic to the roaches but not people or pets. Spray in the drains, pray it everywhere you think they may hide.
    • See 3 previous
    • DesertRose DesertRose on May 09, 2018
      Simple Green is in Walmart in the sportsmans aarea for boats or something, maybe autos. I don't know why? It is in concentrate there. Use one part concentrate to 8 parts water in spray bottle. Menards has both the concentrate and ready spray bottles in their cleaning/detergent area, easy to find! Just as cheap as at walmart also.
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on May 04, 2018
    We had them years back, first in an apartment, again the never ending story of some apartment life. And we finally moved out, bought a home that was roach free. Years later we had an infestation, they can come in on your shoes, pant legs, and so on. It was so bad we did call an exterminator. It is amazing what they eat. We are rid of them but still have the exterminator company on contract for quarterly visits.
    Although I have never been fond of the smell of Simple Green, it is preferable over a roach infestation. Borax and roach traps work.
    Good luck to you, they are miserable.