PATRIOTIC GARDEN CHAIR

$40

I wanted to ramp up my small covered front porch. So I decided to find an old chair and repurpose.
patriotic garden chair, My finished project
My finished project!!
patriotic garden chair
original chair $7

patriotic garden chair
Blue and white spray paint, wire to attach metal planter, palm sander.
some patriotic stickers for chair and wire basket(not shown) plant liner. If you use spray paint as much as I do invest in the attachment for top of paint can. It makes it much easier to pump can....
patriotic garden chair
I sanded and cleaned the chair. I spray painted white first then I scatter painted blue. I wanted the piece to look marbled.
patriotic garden chair
Sanded
patriotic garden chair
Sprayed white
patriotic garden chair
I wired the basket to the top of the chair. I debated about painting it white but decided against it. Then I added the patriotic stickers.
patriotic garden chair
Finally I added potting soil, plant liner, red begonias, allium, and some Spanish moss on the outer perimeter. It really added color, and makes my porch like fun and festive as we approach the holidays.....
patriotic garden chair
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 11, 2018 10:27 PM - More info

1 question on this project
  • Sam31398605
    May 10, 2018

I love your chair. Did you repurpose the original chair seat? If so, would you please show us what you did to show it off? You are very talented. It would be a shame to waste the beautiful needlepoint cover. Thank you for your wonderful garden chair idea.

Bunny lover, NH

• Sue
      May 13, 2018

Beautiful! i did this same thing to my grandfather's old rocker that I inherited. My brother had it in storage shed and it then deteriorated and he had removed the seat which was not original. The seat and back were originally cane but seat was gone and the back had split not repairable. So I left the back as it was and spray painted it canary yellow. In the seat opening I simply sent a potted large plant from the porch in there and it was done. I have since taken he plant out and the rocker is going to be redone but the round seat opening makes it perfect for a potted plant so will see what I end up doing. This is so fun and love your patriotic theme.