Technicolour Dream Chair
I bought a chair from a carboot, I wanted to upholster it for my craft room,but couldn't find any colorful fabric, I was disappointed. A few days went by, during the night I was sleeping when this idea popped into my dream. Hence the name. This was my first upholstery project.
I am so pleased with my result.
I stripped the chair of all the staples. The base covering was ok, so I left this as it was.
I used pattern to measure the pink felt, I left extra to allow me to maneuver it over the chair.
I laid this on the seat base.
I then cut squares of felt the same size, these were then layered in twos onto the chair in a diamond pattern.
I pinned and sewed around the squares graduating down to the middle.
Next i took some scissors and cut down between the stitching and through two layers but not through the pink and base layer. This makes a faux chenille look.
I added square for the front of the chair back.
Lay the chair base fabric on to the padded base.
I added three tacks under the chair at the front to start with.
I then worked a round the chair, cutting and pleating where needed.
I then tacked the front of the chair back on, stretching as I went.
The back I stapled to the underneath of the chair back. The tops and sides of this were turned in, pinned then sewn.
I wanted to have a pom-pom trim, I had to order the colour in. Hope you like it.
See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info