Have You Tried Using an Old Bath to Make Into a Container Garden?

$94

Have you tried using an old bath to make into a container garden?

I purchased an old bath some time ago from a 'Rastro' (second hand shop) in Spain - you may be able to find one in a thrift store or 'by the road'?

A couple of years ago we renovated our front garden. But.... obviously you have to wait a while for some plants to grow and thought using some artificial flowers would be a nice idea and not too
have you tried using an old bath to make into a container garden
I initially purchased the silk flowers to put into the bath to brighten it up immediately until some of the other plants grew. 
This year I thought I would change the artificial flowers with some more fresh plants that had already got some small buds ready to flower and some succulents.  So... this year I have managed to create a small container garden in the old bath.
This was very easy to create.  I purchased a bag of 'soil based compost' from our local gardeners with a variety of flowering plants and some succulents.  First of all I drilled 3 small holes in the bath and placed some gravel over them and then filled the bath with the compost and placed the plants inside, making a nice arrangement and then gave them a watering.  I let the water soak for a while.  You will see that the bath also has 'feet' so this will enable some good drainage.
Once that was completed I purchased a bag of white small stones to decorate on top of the soil.

This only took about half an hour to complete
You can purchase your plants, soil and small stones from most gardening outlets
Breakdown of costs:-

Bath 40 euros
Soil 2.85 euros
Stones 5.95 euros
Plants 30 euros
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 14, 2018 11:04 PM - More info

• Penny

i really love that...is that tub a miniature? maybe a baby bathtub? it is so creative and beautiful...would even be good in a small apartment yard or patio...thank you for sharing.

• Denise Hardy

Hi Penny - thank you for your very kind comments - to give you an idea of the size of the tub I have measured it for you :) Width:- 51" (130cm), Height:- 18" (46cm), Depth:- 22" (56cm) :)

• None

Thank you. That makes more sense seeing it in a panoramic view! The rocks don't look near as steep now! I have to ask about the faux flowers though. Where on earth did you find some that were so huge? Did you make them?