Old Window Magical Mermaid

$30

Old windows have so many uses, this is what I did with one of my finds.
old window magical mermaid
I cleaned and then painted my window with Shabby Chalk Paints, my first choice for chalk paint. I used Alamo White which is a off white color. The window is laying on a rug so you can see the design.
old window magical mermaid
Next step was to add the sand, which I got from my nieghbors sand box, I used E6000 adhesive and a putty knife to spread it.
old window magical mermaid
I just did a little at a time to get the effect I wanted.
old window magical mermaid
Here is the completed piece, get creative and add what ever sea items you like. You should let the glue cure for 24 hours before you move the window.
old window magical mermaid
Here it is hanging in a window, wouldn’t it be gorgeous looking out at the sea, I live in the mountains but love the ocean.

• Old window  (Amazon)
  • E6000 glue
  • Wooden mermaid

• Atr22128445

Please explain how you applied the sand. Did you place the adhesive on the front of the window the sprinkle the sand on top of it?

• Penny

This is really a nice piece thanks for sharing

• Tic30459644

So everything you applied is on the window facing 'inside' the house? You did a beautiful job and it came out great.

• Sta28797963

Maybe I missed the answer (apologies if I did ) but where did you get the mermaid? I absolutely love this idea :) ty