I'm interested in growing perennial bamboo.....any suggestions?

+7
  • Suzette Suzette on May 08, 2018

Good luck!
  • Macysmom Macysmom on May 08, 2018
    Is that like regular bamboo? If so, are you sure? It will take over and is indestructible. Someday you will be sorry.
  • It can be very invasive. Many advise to grow it in containers in the ground.
  • Jcraw Jcraw on May 08, 2018
    Please, only grow in a container, like an old bathtub. Bamboo will take over your yard and your neighbors yards as well. It is virtually impossible to restrain or kill once it‘s In the ground.
    I would do a lot of research before doing anything.
  • Teacup8885 Teacup8885 on May 08, 2018
    Maybe big planters so you can put them where u like!??
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 08, 2018
    should you choose to take that on word of caution it will take over.Plant in a garbage can with drainage holes to contain it
  • Mmj14948876 Mmj14948876 on May 08, 2018
    Keep plant roots confined in a bucket, or else the plant will send roots everywhere you dont want them. Bury the whole bucket in the ground.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on May 08, 2018
    My neighbor across the street (luckily) inherited a problem form bamboo when they purchased the house. Has been going on through different owners for 40 years.