Easy Way To Color Glass!

$1

I am so excited to share how to dye candle holders and recycled jars to add a seasonal touch to your home! (and it's so easy to do.)

You'll need a candle holder or jar of your choice, school glue, food color, and a paint brush.
Put your glue in a container and add a few drops of food coloring - you can mix and match to get the color you like. A little goes a long way.  For this project I only needed about 2 tablespoons of glue and 3-4 drops of food color.
Mix the food color and glue together. If you find this mixture is too thick you can add a little bit of water to get the consistency you like best.
Paint the mixture onto your candle holder or jar.

Again, if you don't like the way it looks you can add some water to smooth it.  If you don't like the brush strokes you can pour it on or roll your candle holder in the mixture and let the extra drip off.
Let it dry completely and it's ready to go.  I love how this one reminds me of sea glass.

The best part - you can wash it off and paint it with a new color for the next holiday or season!!! So inexpensive and yet oh the possibilities!!!

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Cindy Rubin

How can I make the color permanent ?

• Valleri Glasgow

I immediately thought of the pile of of the yogurt jars that I have this is going to be perfect! Also glad somebody else thought , how to make it waterproof 2! I don't want to repaint them after dusting :)

• Linda

Can Elmer’s glue work also

• Yenta

Elmer's Glue *is* school glue. 😊

• Theresa

How do you stop it from peeling off

• Sharlene

Love this idea. Going to try it on flower vases.i think it will work.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Thank you, it should work. I painted the outside of mason jars (see above video) to use as vases and they turned out great.

• Diana

Love the "sea glass" elegance! I immediately thought of an upcoming Rustic Elegance wedding I'm helping with..this project would be great on the Mason jars! Thank you! Diana