Just sitting here and I hear a horn. I think it may be a ship leaving

+3
leaving The shipping channel. More than likely a cruise ship. Not likely that it is a fog horn as it doesn't seem that foggy. This is not a DIY question but where we live does impact what DIY projects we do or the difficulties we have because of climate or soil, or wind or sun etc. I read lots of problems here that we do not encounter and also lots of knowledge we don't have because so many things are not possible here. p.s. I love that sound, which is being repeated. The pilot boat takes the ship out to the open ocean, even if it is a Cunard ship!

• I love fog horns, ships and ocean sounds too! I always "feel better" when in a beach town no matter the weather. ❤

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on May 09, 2018
    It makes me happy to hear from people and learn of your surroundings. It sounds like you live in a lovely and interesting place. If you need any help, just ask! There are many of us here, and someone will surely have the answer you need! Rosie

• Mogie Mogie on May 09, 2018
    LOL I thought it was a tv channel (The shipping channel).

• Helen Helen on May 09, 2018
    So, then.... what is your question???

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on May 09, 2018
    You never know who has had experience with some of things if the question isn't asked. Many people have lived in different places with different type climates. I live in Minnesota, yet I have lived in Galveston, TX and also Naples, FL. I may know Minnesota the best, but also have had experience with coastal places.

• Emily Emily on May 10, 2018
    No, question, just a spur of the moment comment on my surroundings and the observation that where we live (all of us) creates different needs in our houses and gardens. For instance I am just starting to take my plants outside and am a little apprehensive about doing it so early. It is also a little early for my husband to start doing the outside painting jobs we need done. We don't really need a/c here, and we do need sweaters for chilly Maine nights.