How to Paint Cabinet Pulls in Seconds!

$5

I purchased and installed 14 cabinet pulls before I realized I did not like the oil rubbed bronze finish. I thought the finish would be more oil than bronze. It was not. Would anyone notice or care; not at all. Except it would bug me; like a mosquito bite. I was on a mission to figure out how to paint cabinet hardware.
Without anyone noticing they were different. Which, let's face it those odds were in my favor. I could paint the front door pumpkin orange and 1/2 my family would not notice.
I wanted black cabinet pulls; to pop against my white laundry room cabinets. Painting over a dozen cabinet pulls without incident (meaning no coverage gaps or drips) sent me on a paint fix search. And, then, with no help from Pinterest or Google I got an idea on how to paint cabinet pulls with a toothpick.
Yes a toothpick.

How to Paint Cabinet Hardware

1. With an empty Amazon box, 1/2 can of black spray paint + primer and a handful of toothpicks I set up my impromptu paint station outside.
    2. I spaced the toothpicks apart making sure to have enough room around each one to spray every crevice.    3. Once the pulls were positioned, I poked each toothpick into the box; just enough to hold the cabinet pull. The toothpick's sharp point made it easy to press into the cardboard box.    4. I placed each cabinet pull on top of the toothpicks.The cabinet pulls were hollow so the toothpicks handled the weight of each cabinet pull. The cabinet pulls wobbled, but they did not fall down.  
A can of black spray paint changed the look of the cabinet hardware in seconds. The freshly painted cabinet hardware gave a fresh look to a space that is all about lost socks, grass stains and dirty laundry. After all, the laundry is the most popular room in the house.
Love it! And, no one in the family ever knew of my initial disappointment in the finish. I started and finished and reinstalled the pulls in a matter of a few hours. In fact, NO ONE in the family noticed I had changed the cabinet pulls from the original pulls!

• Spray Paint +Primer  (Home Depot)
  • Toothpicks  (Home or Grocery Store)

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Everyday Edits

• Oliva
    Oliva

Love this project, and your sense of humor re: family's failure to notice and the reference to Weebils".

Great color coordination in your laundry room. Is the remainder of your home so meticulously planned? Your room should be featured in a photo-op of a decorator's magazine!

I've always loved the glass containers in laundry areas, but worry about humidity causing detergent clumping, and the potential for glass breakage.

• Charlotte Craven
    Charlotte Craven

What was the paint that you used? Loved the knob finish!

• Everyday Edits
    Everyday Edits

Great suggestion. Thanks for joining the conversation.
  • Everyday Edits
    Everyday Edits

Thank you for the comments and suggestions . I purchased and I painted. 26 cabinet pulls, but did not use them all in the laundry room. I will clarify in an update.