Decorate Your Bathroom Walls With Tin Caps

$50

One of the things we didn’t like when we purchased our house was the master bathroom. Right at that moment, in the bathroom, we decided we wanted the house. We looked at each other and at the same time said, “We’ll remodel later”. It’s been two years since the contract closed and for work reasons, trips, and family visits, this remodel is still just in our minds.
decor your bathroom walls with washers
So, because this space is the least appreciated and most criticized, (for its terrible distribution), I decided to at least give it a touch of love. It was a simple change, so I didn’t want to invest a lot of money.
decor your bathroom walls with washers
I started to add just two white stripes and one gray. For this, I used color samples by Berh, Scotch Blue 3M tape and Frog Tape.
decor your bathroom walls with washers
I used both tape to prevent the paint from seeping, because our bathroom walls aren’t flat.
decor your bathroom walls with washers
Well, over the white stripes I put these tin caps which I found at Home Depot and thought they were perfect for this project as they are very light.
decor your bathroom walls with washers
And for the gray stripe, I used 1/8” aluminum flat bar as the top and bottom borders. To attach each tin cap, I used hot glue. I know you might be thinking, why did she use hot glue? The answer is simple. The reason I used hot glue, is because when we decide to remodel the bathroom and have to remove those tin caps, this glue will not affect the wall like other glues.
decor your bathroom walls with washers
To remove each tin cap, you just hit it with a rubber mallet and they come right off without any damage to the wall. Success don’t you think? Well, with this at least I made a visual change to our bathroom. This is a very easy and low budget project.

If you want to see more projects like this click HERE

Hope you like it!

Color samples by Berh
DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Debbie Paul Child

Im in the process of doing this to the guest bathroom. This is so elegant. I love it. I'm goung to do the same to the master bath but with different colors. The base color is a baby blue. Do u have any ideas on the other colors I could use. I dont know if the gray would work. The I just painted my bathroom baby blue so I dont want to repaint a different base color..

• Charla Jamison

I have a bedroom with a pastel blue and paired a dark brown and beige with it. Looks great!

• Michelle Lemon

I found one on amazon - $10 for one 2.75” tin tab... is that the same thing? They are expensive

• June

If you look at the the items needed and click on it, it shows a 1lb box at Home Depot for $3 something.

• Lawana Bryan

Are the tin pieces coated with some type of sealant? Just wondering about rust formation due to humidity of the bathroom? It’s gorgeous!!!

• Vicki

I'm getting rooms redone in my home also, I think I might just have to copy our idea in the bathroom. I love your style.

• Diane

This looks really sharp! A very classy update. I think I might need to copy it too!