Cindy Richter
Cindy Richter
  • Lewisville, TX

No Sew Drop Cloth Curtains!

$25

If you've been on Pinterest or Instagram at all, you've seen curtains made from painters drop cloths. Today I decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was! It was so easy, I made an extra to hang under the mantel!
no sew drop cloth curtains
You'll want to measure the windows and figure out how high you want to hang them. When purchasing the painters drop cloth at my local hardware store, I chose the next size up.
no sew drop cloth curtains
You can see the edges of the drop cloths are bad or that ugly so I just cut mine straight up the middle to make two separate window treatments. I knew they'd have a seam on one side and not the other but I'm lazy and truly want this to be a NO sew project.
no sew drop cloth curtains
I used heavy duty double sided tape. You can use fabric glue too. I've done that and it holds up pretty well but I find the double sided tape is amazing. You might want to use pinking shears when you cut the cloth. It tends to fray quite a bit. You can also use "fray-check" to stop that from happening as well.
no sew drop cloth curtains
Look how nice that looks! Quite professional for a no sew project. You can see more details on my blog if you'd like to make your own. And see how I clipped them and gathered the other one that hangs under the mantel.
no sew drop cloth curtains

Cindy Richter