Has anyone changed the colour of a sidewalk?

+4
I have an ugly piece of sidewalk. It has a bluish tinge to it and doesn’t blend in with the rest of the walk. I’d love to remove it but can’t right now. Any ideas. I live in Alberta. Thanks.
q has anyone changed the colour of a sidewalk
  • Thi8725099 Thi8725099 on May 11, 2018
    Concrete or garage floor paint; add a little sand to avoid slipping during the winter months. You could stencil it with a design you like without much effort, just takes a little time to move the stencil from one section to the next. Maybe with a contrasting color, white base and navy blue or torquise or a rose color for the stenciled part. OR a color that matches the trim on your house. Duct tape should work to hold the stencil in place on the concrete while you paint each section. An alternative would be a gray deck stain to match the older section of the walkway.
  • Sarah Barganier Sarah Barganier on May 11, 2018
    I agree with the concrete paint with a little sand. Ask which paint product would be best at a paint store.
  • Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on May 11, 2018
    You can buy concr stain. It should work as long as the concrete is porous. You can roll it on with a paint roller attached to a wooden rod that can be purchased wherever you get the roller from.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on May 11, 2018
    Try power washing the older section. It may match better then.
  • Angela Hobson Gregory Angela Hobson Gregory on May 14, 2018
    I just watched a Hometalk video about painting a faux cobblestone on the concrete, using a stencil. Came out beautiful.