Command Hook Help & Ideas

$6

I am a huge fan of Command Hooks and using them in my home to prevent permanent damage to my walls, cabinetry, and more. I thought I would share some of the ways I use them with all of you.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

First let's start with Command Hooks and how to use them They come in a lot of shapes, sizes, and also come with a weight guideline. So pick accordingly depending on what you are hanging.

Inside the command hook packages are strips like this. The first step is to place the correct side to the back of the command hook itself. (The directions will be on the box, and generally the part that goes on the back of the command hook is red.)

The other side of the command hook sticker says "wall" and this is the part you'll stick to the wall.

You peel off the wall side and place it on the wall and press on it for about 30 seconds. Once it's up, it is recommended not to hang anything on it for about 1 hour to allow adhesion time.

Here are some of the things I use command hooks for -

Hanging my trivets on my cabinets. This way they are easy to grab, no permanent damage to my cabinets, and displays them decoratively.

In my son's room I spaced them out on his wall using a ruler...

I hang his hats on the hooks. Makes a nice display, easy grab, and keeps them off the floor.

In my son's room to display his karate metals.

In my cabinet to hold cleaning supplies

Our winter gear storage is in these dollar store bins hung up with command hooks. You can see the full tutorial here on this project - http://www.hometalk.com/35368109/winter-gear-storage?r=2" target="_blank">http://www.hometalk.com/35368109/winter-gear-...

To hang up my Pottery Barn Mirror Hack - I bought frame command strips. First - stick the Velcro sides together.

Peel off once side of the strip and place on the back of the picture/frame.

Peel off the other side and place on the wall. You can see the tutorial for my Pottery Barn Mirror Hack here - http://www.hometalk.com/36071521/pottery-barn-mirror-hack?r=2" target="_blank">http://www.hometalk.com/36071521/pottery-barn...

We use them to prevent putting holes in your wall to put up calendars, chore charts, etc.

I use them on my doors for seasonal decorations and wreaths.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Anthony

Once you take the command product off the wall, is it useable anymore? Plus i do not see a Frame weight limit. How do we know that this is not another way for the company to advertise their product?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Hi Anthony, I’m the creator of this post and volunteered to put it here. I’m not advertising the product for the company, it is an honest share of how I use them.

The hook itself self is reusable and the strips on back are what you need to replace if you take it down to use it for something else. The packages come with extra strips and you can buy strips alone to help reuse.

The frame strips come in different weights so look for the ones that would appropriately hold your picture’s weight.

• Rich L Peterson

my walls have a sort of rough paint coat...will they still stick ? Don't want to buy and plan if won't stick good and stay ... have to have smooth walles or what ?

Thanks

• Rosie

After scrubbing with wall with a brush I also used an orbital sander to make sure our wall wasn't to rough. Might be overkill but, our walls are REALLY rough and, they collect dust. All is well.

• Rosanna

Isn’t there a particular direction to place the 3M tape in order for it to work properly?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I follow the directions on the box for how it recommends placing it. If it's a heavy item, I do extra to make sure there is plenty of strength.

• '

I've been a huge fan of this product almost from the day it hit the market - how many eons ago? I have pictures and other decorative objects that have been hanging on my walls for years with no problem. One thing I think is worth mentioning: I'm a stickler for exactly following the manufacturer's instructions, especially making sure the surface is clean and dry. Don't know how I lived all those years without them!!!

• Jacqui

Chas girl, u hav done it again. This is spectacular. I'v always said that I can't create but I can copy. I could probably even do this. I'm gonna get th supplies for sure. I'm not so sure about command hooks. I'v only used 1 on bathroom door & never hang up anything heavier than my robe. Not sure I wanna trust them if I hang anything w/glass over my bed.

You are an inspiration. You & yr crazy (smart) creations r true reflections (had to do it) of yr soul.