Command Hook Help & Ideas

$6

I am a huge fan of Command Hooks and using them in my home to prevent permanent damage to my walls, cabinetry, and more. I thought I would share some of the ways I use them with all of you.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

command hook help ideas

First let's start with Command Hooks and how to use them They come in a lot of shapes, sizes, and also come with a weight guideline. So pick accordingly depending on what you are hanging.

command hook help ideas

Inside the command hook packages are strips like this. The first step is to place the correct side to the back of the command hook itself. (The directions will be on the box, and generally the part that goes on the back of the command hook is red.)

command hook help ideas

The other side of the command hook sticker says "wall" and this is the part you'll stick to the wall.

command hook help ideas

You peel off the wall side and place it on the wall and press on it for about 30 seconds. Once it's up, it is recommended not to hang anything on it for about 1 hour to allow adhesion time.

command hook help ideas

Here are some of the things I use command hooks for -

Hanging my trivets on my cabinets. This way they are easy to grab, no permanent damage to my cabinets, and displays them decoratively.

command hook help ideas

In my son's room I spaced them out on his wall using a ruler...

command hook help ideas

I hang his hats on the hooks. Makes a nice display, easy grab, and keeps them off the floor.

command hook help ideas

In my son's room to display his karate metals.

command hook help ideas

In my cabinet to hold cleaning supplies

command hook help ideas

Our winter gear storage is in these dollar store bins hung up with command hooks. You can see the full tutorial here on this project - http://www.hometalk.com/35368109/winter-gear-...

command hook help ideas

To hang up my Pottery Barn Mirror Hack - I bought frame command strips. First - stick the Velcro sides together.

command hook help ideas

Peel off once side of the strip and place on the back of the picture/frame.

command hook help ideas

Peel off the other side and place on the wall. You can see the tutorial for my Pottery Barn Mirror Hack here - http://www.hometalk.com/36071521/pottery-barn...

command hook help ideas

We use them to prevent putting holes in your wall to put up calendars, chore charts, etc.

command hook help ideas

I use them on my doors for seasonal decorations and wreaths.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Michael Murphy

Can I get these to buy in Tenerife, Spain

• Anthony

Once you take the command product off the wall, is it useable anymore? Plus i do not see a Frame weight limit. How do we know that this is not another way for the company to advertise their product?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Hi Anthony, I’m the creator of this post and volunteered to put it here. I’m not advertising the product for the company, it is an honest share of how I use them.

The hook itself self is reusable and the strips on back are what you need to replace if you take it down to use it for something else. The packages come with extra strips and you can buy strips alone to help reuse.

The frame strips come in different weights so look for the ones that would appropriately hold your picture’s weight.

• Rich L Peterson

my walls have a sort of rough paint coat...will they still stick ? Don't want to buy and plan if won't stick good and stay ... have to have smooth walles or what ?

Thanks

• Jerry

Don't use these on wallpaper. I did so, let the hook "cure" for over an hour, hung a picture. When I went back a couple of hours later the picture and hook were on the floor.

• '

I've been a huge fan of this product almost from the day it hit the market - how many eons ago? I have pictures and other decorative objects that have been hanging on my walls for years with no problem. One thing I think is worth mentioning: I'm a stickler for exactly following the manufacturer's instructions, especially making sure the surface is clean and dry. Don't know how I lived all those years without them!!!