I need to fix my solar frog

+8
My solar frog fell apart. I spray painted him to brighten him up a bit. I need a way to add a solar light in the center that is unbreakable. He's very lightweight and falls over on a windy day. He's all metal. The center is 5 1/2" wide and 12" high. There is a bar across the bottom where maybe I can attach something. I just haven't figured out how to do it.
q i need to fix my solar frog
  • Mogie Mogie on May 11, 2018
    Why not glue a stack on the bottom so when you set him down on the ground the stake goes into the dirt. That would give him more stability in the wind. Use some JB Weld. That should bond a metal frog to something like a railroad spike.
  • Ken Ken on May 11, 2018
    Really not possible to give you any reasonable advice without seeing the item, the lighting assembly that you want to place in it, and knowing your metal-working skills and equipment. Is there such a thing as an unbreakable solar light?
  • Heje Heje on May 12, 2018
    It might be a good idea to make a base for him of wood that will give him more weight, you can then fasten the light and solar battery to the bottom. The bottom can mimic his feet in the front and remain square in the back for more support. He sure is a cutie.
  • Shelley Shelley on May 12, 2018
    Thanks. My daughter gave him to me a couple years ago.
  • Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on May 12, 2018
    Dollar Tree has solar lights for $1. Go buy one and insert if you can. You can remove just the tops too.
    • See 1 previous
      I would remove the cap on the solar light and gorilla glue it on the bar. Just remove the working part from the stake. If you choose to put him in the grass dont remove from stake. Stake it in ground and set him over it. It will help him from tipping over.
    They only last a year but a cheap fix and your not out much money to experiment.
  • Cindy Cindy on May 12, 2018
    Solar power fairy lights (amazon) and wrap him up or stuff them in his belly. At the hardware store you can get long U bolts. One for each foot. That's my idea. Hope to help.
  • Cindy Cindy on May 12, 2018
    Silly me, he's on your deck... U shaped nails. Not sure what they are called. Fence nails?
  • Liz Liz on May 15, 2018
    I had trouble with my things tipping over too...I now use monofilament to tie them down. I cut two long pieces, run them up from under the deck board, and tie the decorative piece down in two spots that don't show too much. I adjust the monofilament so the knots are under the deck. In the fall, just cut it off.