Rock walkway

2 materials

Is there such a thing as repurposed rock? I took all this rock out from my front yard that was defining my driveway. I just didn't like it and it was hard to weed around them. I really needed something to go from my back door to the doggie gate cause every time it was wet I'd track dirt inside. It was hard work but I really like it now :D

The before look

I had to dig a little and remove some of the dirt from this area. I wanted to make sure that it would be a level surface after adding my rocks.

Pathway to doggie run

I dug some of the dirt out over here so that I could put the rocks together.

I began piecing them together rock by rock. It felt kind of like a puzzle. Here it is coming along just like I envisioned it

This is where it's at now. Technically, it is semi finished, because in the future I want to add gravel in between the rocks. I filled in between the rocks with dirt, but I didn't fill the cracks up all the way (because that would defeat the purpose of this walkway).

What do you think? Personally, I loved the uneven look, not uneven enough to make it difficult to walk on. It works great!! :D Perfectly imperfect, I think!

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 12 questions

Comments

2 of 118 comments
Next