How do you fix cloudy headlight lenses?

+4
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 12, 2018
    use plain white toothpaste
  • Try toothpaste with baking soda.
  • Jcraw Jcraw on May 12, 2018
    There are also kits available. Having it done professionally goes about $50.
  • Sus7887901 Sus7887901 on May 12, 2018
    Magic eraser will vlean
  • Betsy Betsy on May 12, 2018
    I use a product that removes foam and latex. It's called Motsenbockers Lift Off Foam & Silicone Caulk Remover. Be sure to read the label and get the one that's safe for plastic. Pour a bit on a magic eraser and apply to the lense. Let it sit for a couple of seconds, maybe 10 or 15 to let it soften the gunk, then wipe off and wash with water. Then apply a thin layer of wax. You may have to do it a couple of times, but in about 10 minutes, you should have both headlights clean.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on May 12, 2018
    Buy one of the kits and follow the instructions. I've tried toothpaste, baking soda, neither work. It also depends on the type of plastic headlight you have.
  • William William on May 12, 2018
    I did my daughters car. Used a White (not gel) toothpaste and a damp cloth. A dab of toothpaste on the cloth and rub in a circular motion a small area at a time. Keep the toothpaste moist. A separate wet cloth squeezing water as you rub. Wipe as you go along to see the progress. Once done put some paste wax over the lenses.