Low maintenance garden pots

Mary DeRose PetrinoJanet PizaroBetty

I would like to place a grouping of garden pots on my patio. One area of my patio is shaded during the hottest part of the day, the other receives full sun and the temperature gets quite hot during the summer months. What kind of plants or flowers would you recommend for low maintenance or a Mediterranean style look for the garden pots?
q low maintenance garden pots
  • Betty

Hostages are beautiful in a pot .I have 2 huge in large pots come back each year. purple fountain grass is pretty but will not return next year .

• Naomi Doerksen

Great ideas. I have lots of hostas on the side of my house and will grab a couple of the babies for my pots. Thank you.

shade annuals....New guinea impatience,torenia,non-stop begonia,rex begonia, caladium,fushia

• Mary DeRose Petrino

Bleeding Hearts are a shade plant, I think they would look great in a pot. There are a lot of pretty shade plants, google them. If you have a small amount of ground space, I love Lilly of the Valley, but the take up every inch of space and kill other plants in the way. You might have to thin them, but definitely restrict to a small patch, between pots.