David
David
  • Santa Clara, CA

Ideas for TV Wall Cutout?

David C.Paula BrockLisa S.
+6

Hi all, I have this wall cutout in my living room that is made for a TV however it's rather small from an old design that I don't know what to do with it. The cutout only fits about a 37' TV so I mounted a TV next to it but don't know what to use the cutout for. Can you share some ideas I can do to make the cutout look better? Greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.
q ideas for tv wall cutout
  • Shore grandmom

I think I would have some glass cut to fit and make some shelving. Put doors on the bottom part to hide the wires and electronics. Since you have electric already there I would add some lights. You can use it to display any collectibles or books. Don't stuff the shelves, fill then about half way. You could also put in regular shelves with doors and use it to store just about anything.

• Gk

Great place for a little Christmas tree during the season!

• Carol Marszalek

I would put shelves in. You could use the bottom for firewood as suggested, but I would line the wall and bottom with wood to keep moisture from being a problem on the drywall and scratches to a minimum. Then books or baskets as you go up. Perhaps 3 shelves tota?

• Lisa S.

I would put shelves and turn it into a bookcase.

• Paula Brock

Build shelves, paint the inside of them a color to draw attention to it, and add moulding around the outside of the opening.

• David C.

Good tips for decorating your cutout. As for me, shelves will be the best option. Did you mount your TV on wall? I also want to do this, what construction did you use? I found some variants on https://www.primecables.ca/c-17913-tv-wall-mounts-stands can you recommend what to choose?