I have a 10x 12 patio. How do I add shade and privacy?

+4
I was thinking about using cinder block to anchor the corners and build a frame to screen and add a roof.

• Sue Sue on May 13, 2018
    I have been using the shade sail canopy’s that you can get on amazon. Amazing difference in heat level under the shade. And they come in Lots of shapes and sizes and colors.
    • CurtisW@319 CurtisW@319 on May 13, 2018
      I went to amazon and checked them out and I liked what I saw and also they come waterproof also which is better. Thanks
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on May 13, 2018
    I use one of the off set umbrellas. I got mine at Aldi's last year and it was really reasonable and good quality. My patio is probably a little longer than yours, but is private in that one side is the garage, one side is the kitchen wall and the other is our back room wall, so only the south side is really open to the back yard.
  • Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on May 13, 2018
    I'm a fan of the sail cloth. They are so pretty and versatile
  • Cindy Cindy on May 13, 2018
    You could put 3 or 4 Arbor Vitae in along the length of your patio. They grow slim and tall. We have them planted around the perimeter of our back yard and have a lot of privacy with them. Very low maintenance and inexpensive.