Spring Gardening: Hydrangeas

When we first moved to our house I had a beautiful Hydrangea bush that produced bushels of flowers. When we remodeled I lost the bush and never replanted Hydrangeas. This year, I'm going to start over and plant a few Hydrangea bushes and hope for bushels of beautiful Hydrangea flowers.
Every now and then, when I go to the market, I treat myself to something pretty. Like a bunch of flowers or some potted plants. This past week, I spied these 4 inch pots of Hydrangeas and I couldn’t resist.
I’ve been wanting to replace some of my plants in the backyard with Hydrangeas but these guys are too small to plant in the ground right now. It’s been so hot lately I don’t want them to shrivel up and die.
I transplanted them in some larger pots and will baby them until they’re a little stronger and bigger.
Until my Hydrangea bushes are larger, I’ll have to settle for a few little buds – but even the tiniest Hydrangea bud is gorgeous.
Let me know if you have any tips for growing Hydrangeas.

23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Carolyn ~ homework

• Carolyn ~ homework
    Carolyn ~ homework

Thanks for the tip luke!

• Sandy Hudgins
    Sandy Hudgins

I have propagated hydrangeas by bending a stem to the ground (or pot with good soil) and placing a rock on the stem - check every few weeks and you will find roots have formed - then it is just a matter of cutting it from the "mother plant" and babying it for a while until you can get it in the ground - good luck.