Corner Wooden Shelf

33K Views
It started with my daughter who got a new desk for her birthday. She loves doing art. Since the table didn't come with a chair I went for a hunt. I have found this cute, cool ,comfortable chair at Marshalls on sale.

Time: 4 DaysCost: $50Difficulty: Easy
  • corner wooden shelf
Loved the wood design in the back of the chair. This was my inspiration piece for the project.
  • corner wooden shelf
Here's the L-shaped wooden shelf glued together. At this point, it's just 2 planks glued end-to-end.
  • corner wooden shelf
Two L-shapes would make one shelf. You connect them with boards in between and leave them hollow.
  • corner wooden shelf
I made 2 shelves to fit in the space above the desk.
  • corner wooden shelf
Here's how it looks from the front after it's all put together.
  • corner wooden shelf
From the back, or the inside, you can tell that it's hollow. This is important for the hanging method.
  • corner wooden shelf
Here they are on the wall and loaded up with stuff. I made 2 sets of 2 shelves since she is short on storage and she has too many books.
  • corner wooden shelf
I put some lights under the shelves so that she can read on her chair at the desk.
  • corner wooden shelf
Remember I said the shelves were hollow? This is the whole support that holds the shelves up. This structure is very sturdy for these light shelves.
  • corner wooden shelf
Installing them is easy -- just push each shelf on securely. Fits like glove!

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of June 3, 2018 10:19 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.