Floor Size Candle Stick Holders

$5

I hate to waste, and I don't like messes, so I decided to clean my wood work area. I think of projects based on the materials I have around the house, and this week I had some 3x3 posts left over from some tables I built. I also had some wood fence board scraps. I decided on some tall floor size candle holders. Try thinking of projects you can make from things you already have at home. You'll be surprised what you can come up with.
floor size candle stick holders
You'll need some post any kind, I used 3x3 and I cut them at 24" 20" 16" next you'll need a base. I had some fence boards that were 5.5" so I cut those into a square. One for the base and one for the top if you wanted you could stack them together to be a bit fancier.
floor size candle stick holders
Here are my squares that I cut at 5.5"x5.5"
floor size candle stick holders
Here is my 3x3 at 24" Tall.
floor size candle stick holders
Next, I found the center point and used a pencil to drawer the square around the post so when I tip it over after gluing it I'll know where I want it to be, so it will be lined up.
floor size candle stick holders
I then turned it to the side and in my marked square I use long nails with the nail gun to secure it in place.
floor size candle stick holders
Repeat on the bottom. It's really that simple. Pick your paint or stain and you're done. If you don't have a saw, most hardware stores will cut your wood for no charge.
floor size candle stick holders
I finished my set in a matte black.
floor size candle stick holders
Here are a few others I made with the rest of  the scraps. I used stain and grey paint so they all look different depending on the finish. You can use for candles, plants, or even your very own treasures you have in your home. This is a great beginner project! 

• Annie

These are really nice could you screw the squares on as I don't have a nail gun

• Xiomara

If you cut two of the same size can you put a glass top to make a table?And also if you can put outdoors with a solar light?This is an amazing diy.Thank you.

• Peggy

i like the planters and candle you have on top

where did you get them?

thsnk you