Old Sofa Makeover Turns Into A Stunning Piece Of Art

$80

Have you ever wondered what to do with the old sofa left out in the garage? It takes space but you don’t want to throw it away because it brings tons of happy family memories? Ready for a great DIY ?

old sofa makeover turns into a stunning piece of art
The sofa on the pictures is an old one that I found on a second-hand furniture website. For most of you, It may seems totally unrecoverable…but I really loved it.

I decided to keep the pebble knitting on the backrests because it was in a much better condition. I removed it from the seats carefully so that nothing remained in the holes.
Then I painted the entire wooden part with chalk paints. I personally love using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint – it is easy to work with, dries out immediately, the final result is stunning.
When the chalk paint dried out, I did seal with a colorless wax of the same brand and then scribbled the wooden part with fine sandpaper in some places (mainly the edges) to get a vintage effect.
Then I formed fluffy cotton foam cushions for the backrests and attached them to the seats with a stapler.
On the seats in place of the missing caning, I managed to do something like a string of twine as a basis for the seating.
Once I chose the coloring, I stretched out the top of the fabric and attached it with a stapler. In the end, I stuck a chic decorative edge with a hot glue gun.

More DIY projects on my webiste: https://www.decorhomeideas.com
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 16, 2018 10:07 PM - More info
Decor Home Ideas