Eve Moore Kiser
Eve Moore Kiser
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Knoxville, TN

More Room at the Table!

$0
1 Weeks
Advanced

When you love having people over and they gather around the table...and that time you don't have enough seating for everyone 😉Here is how I helped client solve her problem,she seen this old massive bench over in the corner not even seeing all of it and said "I won't that bench!"...ok but is does need some repair and re-upholstered 🤔 I call it the Goliath Bench it I'm 4"11 and it towered over me 😲
more room at the table
At first it looks like it was made from an old door,but was not and the fabric was dry rotted ...it is about 90 years old handmade ...so let's do some repair
more room at the table
I couldn't find wood to match so I repaired with wood filler worked great...
more room at the table
After that was dry and a little sanding and looking great now let's paint... she chose white paint Simplicity by Country Chic.
more room at the table
Painted front...
more room at the table
Painted back...almost there😥
more room at the table
Sanded and distress, clear wax and little bit of black wax to highlight
more room at the table
Time to get this big guy upholstered!
more room at the table
Here's Goliathall finished and ready for his new home
more room at the table
It truly was a Giant and a great piece to work on😁
more room at the table

• Tha32178520

its lovely, but can you show us how you did the upholstering?

• Pha29207112

Can you go through the steps of making a cushion for a bench? I have a bench that doesn't have a cushion and I need to make one from scratch. Thank you. Your bench looks great.

• Very pretty I’m not up on distressing stuff could you explain how you use black wax?

Its truly gorgeous and I love it! Great find and Great Redo!

• Eve Moore Kiser

After after I went over the bench with a natural wax from country chic chalk paint, I took my black wax and a small artist brush and went down into the grooves of the bench to highlight the detail, after putting on black wax I went through with a clean lint free cloth and Blended the wax into the corners I hope this helps thank you