More Room at the Table!

8.9K Views
When you love having people over and they gather around the table...and that time you don't have enough seating for everyone 😉Here is how I helped client solve her problem,she seen this old massive bench over in the corner not even seeing all of it and said "I won't that bench!"...ok but is does need some repair and re-upholstered 🤔 I call it the Goliath Bench it I'm 4"11 and it towered over me 😲
Time: 1 WeeksCost: $0Difficulty: Advanced
  • more room at the table
At first it looks like it was made from an old door,but was not and the fabric was dry rotted ...it is about 90 years old handmade ...so let's do some repair
  • more room at the table
I couldn't find wood to match so I repaired with wood filler worked great...
  • more room at the table
After that was dry and a little sanding and looking great now let's paint... she chose white paint Simplicity by Country Chic.
  • more room at the table
Painted front...
  • more room at the table
Painted back...almost there😥
  • more room at the table
Sanded and distress, clear wax and little bit of black wax to highlight
  • more room at the table
Time to get this big guy upholstered!
  • more room at the table
Here's Goliathall finished and ready for his new home
  • more room at the table
It truly was a Giant and a great piece to work on😁
  • more room at the table

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 12, 2018 10:13 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.