Thrift Store Finds for Planters!

$5

I love thrift stores, garage sales, flea markets, and repurposing what I have. I recently went digging in my stuff as well as on an adventure to these places to find items I could repurpose into planters for the summer!

Let's start with the process... First find something you want to turn into a planter. I'll be using this watering can I found at a Flea Market.
I added some dirt into the watering can with a garden shovel.

Optional, I use garden gloves to protect my hands.
I pulled the flowers out of the plastic container they came in. If the flowers are in the container kind of tight, give the plastic container a little squeeze to help loosen them. 
I placed my flowers into my watering can on top of the dirt inside.
I added some more dirt around the flowers and pressed down around the roots to make sure I got them planted in the watering can securely.
I watered the flowers a little after planting to hydrate them.
I placed my planter where I wanted to display it.
Let's look at a few others I made...

I found this sauce holder minus all the cups at the thrift store.
I removed basil, rosemary, and parsley from their plastic containers and replanted them in dollar tree pots. I placed the flower pots in the holes in the sauce holder and I now have an herb planter for inside my home.
This is an old fondue pot that I found.
I used the top bowl to plant some lavender in and placed it on my porch. Not only does it smell wonderful, it also is a bug repellent.  
I planted some flowers in my son's old Tonka Truck. I added some dirt to the back and then planted the flowers in the it.  
I used an old pot and added some flowers in it for my front porch.
Here is my plant stand on my front porch. I planted flowers in a mini strainer, a tea pot, an old bunt pan, and you can see the blue pot on the bottom.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Chas' Crazy Creations