Knelso18
Knelso18
  • Tutorial Team
  • Zimmerman, MN

IKEA Desk File Holder Used to Organize Tupperware in Your Cupboard

$5

Ok I can not be the only one who struggles with those darn Tupperware lids and finding the matching bottoms. The strugglenis real people! I have tried many thing to organize my cupboard. Put all kids with containers, this does not work as you have to have a ton of storage for this and it is not a space saver at all. I have tried a huge Rubbermaid bin, like a cake topper, to hold all the lids and then stack the bottoms. All that did was make us search endlessly for the tops, only to realize that we had thrown the bottom away. So I was shopping at IKEA and I saw a 2 pack of plastic white desk files. And I had an idea... if I turn them on their side and place small lids in one, medium in another and so on. What it did was finally organize my lazy Susan and my Tupperware!
ikea desk file holder used to organize tupperware in your cupboard
I hate to admit this is my cabinet... such a mess I never even wanted to open it up! Also in the picture is the IKEA desk organizers, 2 pack, white plastic.
Look at this mess! Took what seemed like forever to find the top and bottom match! Craziness!
IKEA 2 pack.
Took out all my lids and started to organize. Small, medium and large.
Stacked all the bottoms according to size.
Picture showing the final results. Lay the plastic bins on their side and they fit perfect in cupboard and my lazy Susan. Now we can find the bottoms and lids easier. Less mess and less time.

• Leah

How old is your Tupperware? The photo makes it look dingy. After so long, all plastic starts breaking down. It still looks good, but chemicals can start leaking into your food. The this why they started making it without----I think it is called bpa.

• Sandra

And the president says wind turbines cause cancer. Ridiculous! Some plastics is made for microwave use.

• Vivian

Any broken or cracked Tupperware the company will replace free. Just contact a Tupperware Dealer and they will get it replaced for free. Don’t feel obligated to buy Tupperware in order for the Dealer to replace broken or cracked Tupperware. I’m not sure if they replace sticky Tupperware.ask the dealer?

• Laurie T

I took a couple of shoe boxes and covered them with pretty wrapping paper I had. The shoe boxes are large enough to hold a lot of plastic/glass container lids!! Plus it was FREE!

• Adrienne

Great idea. You can also purchase the cardboard magazine files at the Dollar store. I use them to hold the plastic solo cups. Just lay them on the side. Insert a couple of sleeves of cups. Easy dispenser for my kids. Just pull one out. Similar to how they are in restaurants.