Use oven cleaner on glass top electric stove?

PatRonnieLee MillerHenri001
+9

Stove has really burned on food around each burner.

• Alice
    Alice

Try baking soda and water, followed by a wipe-down with diluted white vinegar in a spray bottle.
    • Tara Hills
      Tara Hills

True that, there's nothing that can stand up to the ol faithfuls,I thought I was the only one that knew that.wow toche

• Chubby58
    Chubby58

White vinegar and alcohol half and half. Use a straight razor to lightly scrape off the burnt on stuff while wet with the alcohol/ vinegar mix.
  • Gertie Frey
    Gertie Frey

Spray on wd40 and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour then wipe off with a soft cloth or paper towels. if heavy soiled you may have to do it again. Worked well for me.
    • Tara Hills
      Tara Hills

See, I thought about the backing soda trip but then I seen the wd40, and I thought 101 things ,huh? It's soaking right now I'll get back to too let u know what's up!

• Kay27246977
    Kay27246977

i would usse a degreaser
  • 27524803
    27524803

DO NOT use oven cleaner on the glass top stove.... use a degreaser like Simple Green and let sit.... use a green scrubby and a razor knife to get off baked on stuff.... repeat until stove top is clean.... remove any residue with a Windex type glass cleaner and paper towels. You can also use one of the commercial Glass top cleaners... mine is from Whirlpool and has a cleaner, protector, and a microfiber cloth.
    When I first got my glass top stove... my friend, Nancy, gave me some good advice.... NEVER use a soapy dish rag on the stove top.... and ALWAYS clean off the stove top before cooking..... the soapy rag leaves a residue that will "cook' onto the top when the element gets hot.... and the same thing happens with salt, dust, and other stuff.... a quick spray of Glass Cleaner and quick wipe with PAPER Towels (no telling what the cloth towel was used to wipe up) I have followed this advice for the over 15 years I have had my glass top stove and it still shines
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

NO! Buy the commercial stovetop cleaner, or make a thin paste of baking soda and vinegar. Apply either one, and let it sit at least 30 minutes. Then scrub with a SOFT cloth or sponge and rinse with a clean damp cloth. If some of the food stains still exist, apply the cleaner/paste to only the stains, wait, scrub and rinse. When all the stain is gone, use Windex (ammonia and water) to make the stovetop shine. ☺️
  • Henri001
    Henri001

I use Bar Keeper's Friend with enough water to make a paste. Work in circular patterns and then with a damp sponge wipe the top down. Rinse your sponge with plain tap water to remove the rest of the residue until it is off the top of your stove and then buff it with a clean dry cotton towel..it will sparkle like new! If some of the residue still remains, repeat the process and scrub in circular patterns....you can also wet the top and use a widget/razor blade and carefully scrape the burned on areas. I do this all the time and it works like a charm!

• RonnieLee Miller
    RonnieLee Miller

Special glass top cleaner/paste, baking soda paste, degreaser solution ....... None of these products worked for me. Help!

• Pat
    Pat

I use glass top cleaner and smear it around over the burned on stuff. Then I take a razor blade (on it's side) and scrape the burned on stuff off. Might have to repeat the cleaner. My single edge razor blade is in a metal holder and with it, you can easily scrape stuff on a glass top stove without scratching it. Then I take a damp clean cloth and wipe the stove top off and then dry with a towel. A note.....I was told to be very careful with boiling sugary liquid...it will etch the glass stove top.